2017 > Publications
Bates, Jo and Gerrard, Ysabel (eds)
‘Data Power: tactics, access and shaping’,
special issue of Online Information Review.
- Gerrard, Ysabel and Bates, Jo, ‘Data Power: tactics, access and shaping’
- Jarke, Juliane, ‘Open government for all? Co-creating digital public services for older adults through data walks’
- Scassa, Teresa, ‘Ownership and control over publicly accessible platform data’
- Lee, Claire, ‘Datafication, dataveillance, and the social credit system as China’s new normal’
- Paris, Britt; Currie, Morgan; Paris, Britt; Donovan, Joan, ‘What difference do data make? Data management and social change.’
- Mitchell, Scott, “Warning! You’re entering a sick zone”: the construction of risk and privacy implications of disease tracking apps.
- Iliadis, Andrew, ‘The tower of Babel problem: Making data make sense with the Basic Formal Ontology’
- Andrews, Penny, ‘The compliant environment’: conformity, data processing and increasing inequality in UK Higher Education.
Lauriault, Tracey and Lim, Merlyna (eds)
‘Data Power (I)’
Canadian Journal of Communication, volume 44 number 3, 2019.
- Halkort, Monika, Decolonizing data relations: On the moral economy of data-sharing in Palestinian refugee camps.
- Dobson, Kathy, Welfare fraud 2.0? Using big Data to surveil, stigmatize and criminalize the poor.
- Barreneche, Carlos, Data corruption: the institutional cultures of data collection—the case of a crime mapping system in Latin America.
- Toupin, Sophie, Hacking in’ Wikipedia Zero in Angola.
- Poirier, Lindsay, Classification as catachresis: Double binds of representing difference with semiotic infrastructure.
Lauriault, Tracey & Lim, Merlyna (eds)
Data Power (II).
Canadian Journal of Communication, (forthcoming).
- von Bargen, Julian & Fish, Adam, Technoliberalism in Iceland: The Fog of Information Infrastructure.
- Jia, Lianrui, Unpacking China’s Social Credit System: Informatization, Regulatory Framework, and Market Dynamics.
- Feigenbaum, Anna & Weissmann, Dan G.B. What Counts as Police Violence?
A Case Study of Data in CATO’s Police Misconduct Reporting Project.
- Mahrenbach, Laura & Mayer, Katja, Framing policy visions of big data in emerging states.
- Machado, Helena & Granja, Rafael, DNA transnational data journeys and the construction of categories of suspicion.
- Redden, Joanna, Predictive analytics and child welfare: Toward data justice.